BSB40215 - Certificate IV in Business
CRICOS Course Code: 091311J
Duration: 52 weeks (4 terms, 1 year)
|6th January||30th March||15th June||16-Sep||31st August||9th November|
Intake Dates 2021:
About this course
This qualification is suited to those working as administrators and project officers. In this role, individuals use well-developed skills and a broad knowledge base to apply solutions to a defined range of unpredictable problems and analyse information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with some limited responsibility for the output of others.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Mode of Delivery
All courses offered by The Management School Sydney are delivered on campus full time with face to face classes of 67% and online learning of 33% as per requirements of the ESOS Act. Students are asked to complete private study time of approximately 20 hours per week in their own time.
Face to face classes include lectures, group activities, role plays/practical demonstrations and class presentations. The program is designed to allow for the adoption of a range of learning approaches to cater for differences in learning styles, learning interests and needs, and variations in learning opportunities. Students must attend all scheduled classes and they are expected to undertake reading, research and project work in their own time.
Assessment Methods: Assessments of each unit will be conducted by:
• formative assessment (in class activities and practical exercises) (to some extent as the nature of classroom learning differs from a workplace)
• summative assessment (final assessment to demonstrate knowledge and skills of the entire unit of competency)
A variety of methods will be utilised to assess the student’s competency in this unit of competency.
These can include:
- Written activities
- Structured activities
- Learner Workbook Activities
- Case Study
- and, Other Evidence Documents
Students will be given an opportunity to practice or discuss activities prior to undertaking formative or summative assessments observed by the trainer/assessor who will give the student feedback.
Job Roles Relevant to the Qualification
BSB40215 - Certificate IV in Business is a qualification that suits a range of possible roles in business and administration including:
- Project Officer
This program will be delivered over a total of 52 weeks (1 year).
|Unit Code||Unit Title (and Field)||Core/Elective|
|BSBWHS401||Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements||Core|
|BSBCUS403||Implement customer service standards||Elective|
|BSBCUS402||Address customer needs||Elective|
|BSBINN301||Promote innovation in a team environment||Elective|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation||Elective|
|BSBITU402||Develop and use complex spreadsheets||Elective|
|BSBLED401||Develop teams and individuals||Elective|
|BSBMKG414||Undertake marketing activities||Elective|
|BSBRSK401||Identify risk and apply risk management processes||Elective|
While there are no formal training package entry requirements, TMSS require that you have the following requirements for entry into this course:
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age;
- Have satisfactorily completed Australian Year 12 or overseas equivalent school qualifications;
- Have adequate core skills of being able to learn, read, write, research, use technology, work in teams and count as these skills the in the study of this program;
- Must meet TMSS standards for English language proficiency and by providing valid evidence of attainment of at least one of the following:
- Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) overall band score of 5.0
- TOEFL Internet (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based test) test score band: 35-45 (Listening 6, Speaking 15, Reading 7, Writing 17)
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English) test score band: 42
- CAE (Cambridge English Advanced) test score band: 154-161
- OET (Occupational English Test) test score band: Pass
- TOEFL PBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language Paper-Based Test) test score band: 500.
- An international student who has studied a Certificate IV level qualification in Australia for at least 12 months which must have an equivalent level of English to IELTS 5.0.
International students who are unable to meet any of the above English language proficiency requirements may undertake further study with an approved ELICOS School.
**TMSS requires an language, literacy and numeracy skills assessment to be completed upon entry into the course to be completed at Orientation day session.
Students that successfully complete all 10 units of competency as stated in the Course content students will be issued with a VET certificate for BSB40215 - Certificate IV in Business. This qualification is recognised nationally under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Students who successfully complete some units of competency will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the nationally accredited unit(s) in which they have been deemed competent.
Study Pathways/Bundle courses
Materials, Resources and Library Access
Students will receive course materials that are downloadable from the college learning management system in soft copy. These materials will include a learning guide and a range of assessments. The college also has a small library of printed books that are accessible by borrowing or reading at the library.
Students will need to have access to a document processing software, such as Microsoft Office, and a computer or laptop or access to these. The college does provide computers and software at no cost to students, but these are accessible during college hours only.
Students may join the City of Sydney Library Service through the online website access at https://library.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/Montage/Join.aspx
The City of Sydney Library Services branches are located at the following:
• Customs House Library
• Glebe Library
• Green Square Library
• Haymarket Library
• Kings Cross Library
• Newtown Library
• Pyrmont Link
• Surrey Hills Library
• Library Express
• Ultimo Library
• Waterloo Library
The street address, contact details and opening hours of all City of Sydney Library Services branches listed above can be found by visiting the following website at https://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/explore/libraries/our-network
The conditions of membership are as follows: • Membership is free to all residents of New South Wales • Students must agree to abide by all City of Sydney Library Service policies and conditions of use and:
- Accept responsibility for all items borrowed on the library card
- Pay replacement costs plus processing charges for any items lost, stolen or damaged
- Students must report lost/stolen cards to the City of Sydney Library Service immediately
- Return borrowed items on or before the due date or check whether the item can be renewed
- Respect the rights and security of staff and other library users
- Notify the City of Sydney Library Service of any changes to contact details provided
- Students can find further information by visiting the City of Sydney Library Service website at http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/library/Default.asp